Red Flags in LASIK Surgeons
There are thousands of highly-qualified and experienced eye surgeons in the United States who conduct LASIK surgery. But how do you distinguish a qualified and experienced LASIK surgeon from a high volume conveyor belt-like operator?
The best way to know if a surgeon is qualified or not is to find out if they are board-certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. He or she should also have extensive experience in the LASIK procedure. Better still, the surgeon should have further specialized or fellowship training in cornea.
A good surgeon should also be willing to answer all your questions and explain to you the risks and benefits associated with the surgery.
But in case you someone an unqualified surgeon operates you and something goes wrong, the first step is to contact an eye surgery attorney. The Law Office of Todd J. Krouner, P.C. has successfully represented victims of LASIK surgery and other eye surgery in New York, and throughout the United States, including Massachusetts, Delaware, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Michigan, Wisconsin, Colorado, Oregon, and California.
How do you know if a surgeon is not qualified?
Here are some of the red flags:
- If the surgeon is not board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology
- The office feels like a factory and your care is off loaded to technicians and non-medical staff
- The surgeon does not examine your eyes or meet with you until the day of the surgery
- The surgeon has no plans to examine you or follow up after the day of surgery
- The surgeon or staff should like care salesmen and not medical professionals
- The surgeon is unable to explain facts in a language that’s understandable
- The surgeon appears to fumble while answering questions
- The surgeon is unwilling to give past and current patient referrals
- You feel that the facility doesn’t meet the quality and safety standards
Why you need an eye surgery lawyer ?
In case you suffer an injury while being operated on, you can hire an eye surgery malpractice attorney to recover the damages you and your family deserve.
The Law office of Todd J. Krouner, P.C. has obtained some of the largest multi-million verdicts for eye injury cases in new York, and around the country, When your vision, livelihood and independence are at stake, speak to an attorney with the experience a know-how to protect your interest. Contact the Law Office of Todd J. Krouner, P.C. in New York.